In this video, Mr. Rogers candidly discusses Ariel’s values. The information provided in the video does not provide information reasonably sufficient upon which to base an investment decision and should not be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security.
At Ariel, the expertise we have honed over the years is reflected in every portfolio we manage. While we invest in corporations, we are not owned by one: Our employees own our firm and invest in our portfolios, so we will never outgrow the entrepreneurial spirit that made us pioneers in small cap value, persuades us to invest to our convictions and gives us the freedom to continue doing what we do best as we relentlessly pursue outstanding returns for clients.
Our patient investment philosophy has fueled our outperformance since our founding in 1983
- Patience: We take the long-term view.
- Independence: We invest to our convictions, not to benchmarks.
- Expertise: We specialize in bottom-up fundamental research.
- Teamwork: We work collaboratively with a shared commitment to excellence.
Our focus on attractive intrinsic value has evolved strategically into our three approaches
- Value: Strong complement to core portfolios, uncorrelated to benchmarks and peers; high-quality bias further underscores attractive valuations
- Deep value: Seeking low correlation; low risk, high returns; private-equity-like, but with greater liquidity, better transparency and lower fees
- Global: Targeting absolute and relative long-term outperformance with lower risk
Our belief that learning has no finish line permeates everything we do
- Sustains our ability to serve clients by taking the time to make truly well-informed investment decisions
- Empowers us to serve our community by making financial literacy a priority