Ariel Investments, LLC, Ariel Alternatives LLC, Ariel Distributors, LLC, Ariel Investment Trust, Project Black LP, and Ariel International DM/EM LLC, and their affiliates (collectively “Ariel”) respect your privacy. The information you provide here will only be used to process your data rights request.Download Privacy Rights Request form
You can exercise your data rights to instruct Ariel:
Processing Your Request
As a privacy protection measure, we have a legal obligation to verify your identity before processing your request.
We verify the information you provide against the information we already have about you. If your request is deemed valid, we will respond to your request within thirty (30) days. If your identity cannot be verified, we will notify you within the 30-day period that we are unable to verify your identity and, therefore, cannot process your request.
If your request is to correct your personal information, we may extend the time to respond for an additional 30 days, if necessary, but we will notify you of any such extension within the initial 30-day time period. Please note that all information provided in response to a data rights request is a copy; originals are not provided.
If your request is to delete your personal information, please note that we have the right to deny deletion requests that would violate our data retention or compliance obligations, or if the information is reasonably necessary for us to maintain the personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated by the consumer within the context of our ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between us and the consumer.
- Help ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of the consumer’s personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for those purposes.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided by law.
- Engage in public or peer reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research that conforms or adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when Ariel’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the ability to complete such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with Ariel and compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
- Comply with a legal obligation, including the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
Disclosure and Access to Data Requests
If you are:
- Requesting disclosure of the personal information that Ariel has collected about you;
- Requesting disclosure of what personal information about you that Ariel has sold or shared with third parties for a business purpose; or
- Requesting access to the data we hold about you,
We will provide the disclosure of your information in writing in a readily useable format. If you are an Ariel account holder, the information will be delivered to you through your account, otherwise, the information will be delivered to you by regular mail or electronically, at your option. The disclosure will cover the twelve-month period preceding the request, unless regulations require otherwise.